Hey there! Good news - you absolutely can change your domain on Leadpages! It's all part of ensuring your branding is on point and your website aligns with your business name.
Alright! Ready to mix things up a bit? Because we're diving into how to change your domain on Leadpages.
Now, why might you want to change your domain, you ask? Well, there are plenty of reasons! Maybe you're rebranding, perhaps you've got a new catchy domain name, or maybe you're launching a new product or service and want a separate domain for that. Whatever your reason, it's important to know that with Leadpages, you've got the flexibility to change things up.
And the even better news? The process of changing your domain on Leadpages is straightforward, even if you're not the most tech-savvy person in the room. We're talking about a few simple steps to get you set up with your shiny new domain.
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the process involves connecting your new domain, updating your pages and Leadboxes, and then republishing them. And boom, you're ready to roll with your new domain!
But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We're going to dive into each step in detail, clear up any common questions, and ensure you're all set for a smooth domain transition. So buckle up, because we're about to dive into the world of Leadpages domains. Ready? Let's go!
GUIDE TO CHANGE DOMAIN ON LEADPAGES
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, here's how it typically works:
1. Connect a new domain: In your Leadpages account, head to the Domains tab and add your new domain. You'll have to verify the domain and update your DNS records, but don't worry, Leadpages will guide you through this process.
2. Update your pages: Next, go to each of your Leadpages and Leadboxes and update the domain. You'll need to manually change the domain on each page and box to your new one.
3. Republish: Don't forget this crucial step! After updating your domain, make sure to republish your pages and boxes so the changes take effect.
4. Redirect your old domain (optional): If you've been using an old domain for a while, consider setting up redirects from your old domain to your new one. This helps ensure any existing links out there in the digital world still lead to the right place. You may need to consult with your domain registrar or a web admin for help with this step.
Just remember, any changes to domains and DNS settings can take a little while to propagate across the internet. So don't worry if the changes aren't instant, they're probably just still making their way through the web.
And there you have it! With a bit of work, you can freshen up your Leadpages with a brand-new domain. So go ahead, make that change and let your Leadpages shine!
1. Can I change my domain on Leadpages?
Answer: Absolutely! You can change your domain in Leadpages. It's a straightforward process that involves connecting your new domain, updating your pages and Leadboxes, and then republishing.
2. How long does it take for the new domain to take effect?
Answer: Changes to domains and DNS settings can take a little while to propagate across the internet. So while it's not instant, it should be updated within 24-48 hours.
3. What happens to my old domain when I change to a new one?
Answer: When you change to a new domain, your old domain remains active. It's recommended to set up redirects from your old domain to your new one to ensure any existing links lead to the correct pages.
4. Do I have to manually change the domain for each page and Leadbox?
Answer: Yes, you'll need to manually update the domain for each of your pages and Leadboxes to your new domain, then republish them.
5. Can I use multiple domains with Leadpages?
Answer: Yes! Leadpages allows you to connect multiple domains to your account, which can be useful if you run more than one brand or website.